Monday, October 8, 2007

Toronto International Film Festival - TIFF


On Sunday, Sept 9th Bill Maher spent a couple of hours at the Ryerson Theatre with director Larry Charles to discuss their work-in-progress: Religulous. (religion is ridiculous) Hysterical. The duo shared several clips of mostly interviews with representatives from three large religious groups: Islam, Judaism and Christianity - hinting at a sequel to review others. Due to be released spring 2008.

The next day, Monday, Sept 10th I headed to the box office before 7:00am to secure a ticket to the sold out screening of Atonement, an adaptation from the book by Ian McEwen. I lined up at the Elgin earlier than usual to make sure I got a good seat to catch the great, young actor James McAvoy (Last King of Scotland). This is me in a promo shot taken in line, still smiling.

I wasn’t very happy when I scrambled to get a seat and was blocked by the photographers crowding the stage. It was the first time I witnessed this phenomenon - with photogs allowed into the theatre.

Here’s the best shot I got of James while knocking elbows with the paparazzi. Grrr!

No comments: